Partner description: Association EVE, Strasbourg, France
EVE association was created in 1990 to promote organized cervical cancer screening in the department of Bas-Rhin (France).
Ten years later, in 2001, EVE campaign was extended to the department of Haut-Rhin and is now concerning the whole Alsace Region.
· Non-profit-making association.
· Board of directors includes 20 to 30 members elected for 9 years.
· Financial partners : state, social security, regional councils, research institutes.
· Inform 25 to 65-year-old women to improve their participation.
· Train general practitioners to screening.
· Organize quality-assurance of cytology.
· Develop and maintain a screening register of all smears done in the target population.
· Follow-up of abnormal smears.
· Monitoring and evaluation.
The Association EVE has been a partner in the European Cervical Cancer Network since
1993. 2 studies are on-going/planned within the Network activities of this partner:
· Evaluation of the Thin layer technique as a common practise within the framework of the EVE campaign.
· Long term survey of ASCUS, AGUS and immature metaplasia.